Thursday, November 19, 2009

Conversation Today

I really feel like these conversations helps shape who I am, at least literarily (that isn't a word).

I feel like it's important to hold onto the notion of why creating something new is good...when to create something new...not to just create something different TO BE DIFFERENT, but to create it to express something I couldn't before.

I feel like this whole conversation was so analytical and abstract...I loved it.

I feel like I want to more history behind the movements I love, I feel like I want to research the various forms of literature...I feel like I want to be part of a revolution right now, much like I feel after listening to Europe's "The Final Countdown" (that probably doesn't help anyone take me seriously).

I think it's important to remember where we come from; to remember that at one point, all we consider to be standard was new and "novel." I feel that we all need to understand that literature, art, film, etc are all living evolving creatures: none of them stand still for time.

It might seem like right now we're changing everything - changing the entire name of the game, creating things that are completely new.

But in the grand scheme of things we're one step. ONE TINY STEP in the evolution of literature...it's not like we're reinventing the wheel here, just re-designing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment